Wednesday, June 9, 2010
Jamie Oliver's Shrimp Linguini
7oz shrimp ( raw and peeled )
9oz dried linguini
1 small bunch of fresh basil
1 garlic clove
1 medium fresh red chile
6oz ripe cherry tomatoes
extra virgin olive oil
1. Fill your kettle and put it on to boil. Preheat your oven to the lowest setting and place your plates in the oven to warm.
2. Cook your linguini in boiling salted water. Stir it occasionally to make sure none of the pasta is sticking together. Meanwhile. ..
3. Place the frying pan on a medium heat
4. Peel and slice the garlic. Halve, deseed and finely slice the chile. Pick the basil leaves from the stalks and put to one side. Finely chop the basil stalks.
5. Add a splash of olive oil to the hot frying pan and add the garlic, chile, basil stalks and shrimp. Fry everything together for a minute or two, stirring as you go.
6. Cut the cherry tomatoes in half then add the pan with a pinch of salt and pepper. turn the heat up to high and keep stirring so nothing sticks.
7. After about 3 to 5 minutes when the shrimp are pink and cooked through, turn the heat off and drizzle over a splash of extra virgin olive oil.
8. When your linguini is cooked, scoop out a cupful of the water to keep, then drain in a colander.
9. Add the pasta to the frying pan. Toss everything together, and if the sauce is a bit thick, add a little of your reserved cooking water to thin it out slightly.
10. Have a taste then season with a good pinch of salt and pepper. Cover with a lid or aluminum foil to keep warm.
11. Get your warmed plates out of the oven then use tongs to divide the linguini between them. Scartter your basil leaves over the top. Finish with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and tuck in !
Share this : Tweet
Posted by La Petite Vancouver at 10:35 PM